The IEP Newsletter is a triannual publication that provides IEP program and science highlights as well as in-depth articles on scientific topics for resource managers, scientists, and the public.
IEP Newsletters are usually shorter articles intended for rapid communication. Articles in the IEP newsletter do not undergo external peer review. All primary research results should be interpreted with caution.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is in the process of completing the Summer/Fall 2022 issue of the IEP Newsletter, and it should be ready for release by end of December 2022.
The next issue will be the Winter Volume 42, Issue 1, 2023, which will be edited by the California Department of Water Resources. Article submission deadline is February 15, 2023. If you would like to submit an article, contact Daphne Gille at Daphne.Gille@water.ca.gov.
Recent IEP Newsletters
The IEP Newsletter editorial board received no submissions for the Winter Volume 41, Issue 1, 2022, so no issue will be published.
The Spring Volume 41, Issue 2, 2022 (PDF) contains the following articles:
- Of Interest to Managers
- Feasibility of formalin-fixed Delta Smelt for genetic identification test
- 2021 Delta Juvenile Fish Monitoring Program Nearshore Fishes Annual Report
- 2020 and 2021 Delta Juvenile Fish Monitoring Program Salmonid Annual Report
- 2019-2020 Yolo Bypass Fisheries Monitoring Status and Trends Report
- Fish Salvage at the State Water Project's and Central Valley Project's Fish Facilities during the 2021 Water Year
- 2021 Status and Trends Report for Pelagic Index Fishes in the San Francisco Estuary
IEP Newsletter Archive
See the IEP Publication Library for the list of IEP Newsletters.