The IEP Newsletter is a triannual publication that provides IEP program and science highlights as well as in-depth articles on scientific topics for resource managers, scientists, and the public.
IEP Newsletters are usually shorter articles intended for rapid communication. Articles in the IEP newsletter do not undergo external peer review. All primary research results should be interpreted with caution.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is in the process of developing the Summer/Fall 2022 issue of the IEP Newsletter. Article submission deadline is October 15, 2022. If you would like to submit an article, contact Eric Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is still working on the Spring 2022 issue, which will be released by October.
Recent IEP Newsletters
The IEP Newsletter editorial board received no submissions for the 2022 winter (Volume 41, Issue 1) edition, so no issue will be published.
The Summer/Fall Volume 40, Issue 3, 2021 edition of the IEP Newsletter contains the following articles:
- 2021 20-mm Survey Summary
- 2021 Smelt Larva Survey Summary
- 2021 Spring Kodiak Trawl Summary
- Fish Salvage at the State Water Project's and Central Valley Project's Fish Facilities during the 2019 Water Year
- Fish Salvage at the State Water Project's and Central Valley Project's Fish Facilities during the 2020 Water Year
- Liberty Island Beach Seine Sampling, 2002-2004 & 2009-2019
- 2017-2018 Yolo Bypass Fisheries Monitoring Status and Trends Report
- 2020 Status and Trends Report for Pelagic Fishes in the San Francisco Estuary
The Spring Volume 40, Issue 2, 2021 edition of the IEP Newsletter contains the following articles:
- IEP in 2021: Implementing Change
- Dr. Larry Brown: A Remembrance
- The Pilot Long-Term Monitoring Review
- Nearshore Fishes Annual Report
- Salmonid Annual Report
- Yolo Bypass Fisheries Annual Report
- 2019 Phytoplankton Annual Report
- A Note From the Editor
The Winter Volume 40, Issue 1 Supplemental, 2021 edition of the IEP Newsletter collates submissions received from the fall of last year up until a few months ago. It includes the following articles:
- Zooplankton Trends in the Upper SFE, 1974-2018
- Mysid and Amphipod Length-Weight Relationships in the San Francisco Estuary
- 2018 Delta Juvenile Fish Monitoring Program Resident Fishes Status and Trends
- An Online Seasonal Monitoring Report for Major Interagency Ecological Program Surveys
- 2020 Spring Kodiak Trawl Summary
- 2020 Smelt Larva Survey Summary
- Discrete Water Quality Monitoring, 2018
- Benthic Monitoring, 2019
- 2018 and 2019 20-mm Survey
IEP Newsletter Archive
See the IEP Publication Library for the list of IEP Newsletters.