The Juvenile Monitoring Project Work Team is a satellite team of the Central Valley Salmonid Project Work Team. The Juvenile Monitoring PWT brings together biologists to collaborate in a manner that will benefit juvenile monitoring activities in the Central Valley. Team members include staff from the California Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Water Resources, East Bay Municipal Utility District, United States Fish and Wildlife Service and Bureau of Reclamation, and various private consulting groups.
- Increase the quality and utility of juvenile monitoring data
- Standardize sampling techniques; Improve methods for analyzing and presenting monitoring data
- Identify research questions and data gaps
- Provide expert recommendation and/or review of issues affecting juvenile salmonids
- Collaborate on data compilation projects to expand the knowledge of fisheries biology within the Central Valley