The Water Quality and Phytoplankton Project Work Team provides a venue for scientist from diverse agencies and groups to coordinate and synthesize findings, which will inform research and monitoring needs on water quality and phytoplankton issues in the Bay-Delta in the future.
- Encourage open science with sharing of data and methods to benefit development of formal synthesis or strategy documents
- Discuss and plan for potential changes to the monitoring programs in the Bay-Delta to inform multiple management priorities, such as flow, fisheries, phytoplankton, and nutrients
- Share and review research on water quality, nutrients, phytoplankton, flows, and fisheries and develop proposals for special studies to address knowledge gaps not being addressed by other groups
- Provide review and input on new monitoring plans and special studies
- Reduce duplication of effort through sharing of water quality and phytoplankton monitoring plans and identify opportunities to collect data more efficiently through coordination across multiple monitoring programs